Sprouts and Spinach Cheela
IRON FOCUSSED INGREDIENTs - Sprouts, Spinach
- 1 cup moong (whole green gram) sprouts
- 2 tbsp grated carrot
- ¼ cup finely chopped spinach (palak)
- ¼ cup finely chopped fenugreek (methi)
- 2 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 ½ tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- salt to taste
- 2 ¼ tsp oil
- Combine the moong sprouts and ½ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl and add the carrots, spinach fenugreek, besan, turmeric powder, cumin seeds,ginger-green chilli paste, salt and 1 tsp oil and mix well till no lumps remain.
- Add 2 tbsp of water and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a ladleful of batter and spread it evenly to make a 150 mm (6”) diameter circle and cook using ¼ tsp of oil,till it is golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more pancakes.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
|Nutrient values per serving