IRON FOCUSSED INGREDIENT - Methi
- 1/4 cup chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1/4 cup quick cooking quick cooking rolled oats
- 2 tbsp low-fat curds (dahi)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (til)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
- Oil to deep fry
- salt to taste
- whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a firm dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
- Roll each portion of the dough into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and gently cook them on both sides till half done. Keep aside to cool.
- Prick them with a fork at regular intervals.
- Cut into small rounds.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the dough.
- Cool and serve or store in an air-tight container.
|Nutrient values per serving