IRON FOCUSSED INGREDIENT - Almonds
- 1 cup almonds (badam)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- A few saffron (kesar) strands dissolved in 1 tsp warm water
- Soak almonds in hot water in a bowl for at least 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and peel them.
- Add ½ cup of milk and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan, add the almond paste, mix well and cook over a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes
- Add the remaining ½ cup of milk and ¼ cup of water, mix well
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder and saffron mixture and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Garnish with almond
|Nutrient values per serving