IRON FOCUSSED INGREDIENT - OATS
For The Dosa Batter
- 1 cup oats
- ¼ cup urad dal (split black lentils)
- salt to taste
For The Stuffing
- 1 ½ tsp oil
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1 slit green chilli
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup parboiled green peas
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
For the dosa batter
- Combine the oats, urad dal and salt in a bowl and blend in a mixer to a fine powder.
- Add 1¾ cups of water and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency. Cover and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
For the stuffing
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and green chilli.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and mix on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the carrots and green peas, mix well and mix on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the salt, chaat masala and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute.
How to proceed
- Heat a non-stick tava and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter on the tava and cook till dosa turns light brown Serve immediately with a chutney of your choice.
|Nutrient values per serving